Sunday, July 14, 2013

Flora Wedding Petticoat Review

Are you a lolita on a budget searching for a decent petticoat? Well I have found your answer!

Hello everyone! Today I will be reviewing Flora Wedding's, an eBay store, 50's Underskirt Rock N' Roll Petticoat! I first heard about Flora Wedding from LoliSourGrapes on youtube.

Now as any lolita may now, petticoats can get very expensive, but we all want that perfect poof! Well I found this petticoat to be extremely well made for it's cheap price.  It was 10.99 GBP (approximately 16.61 in USD) and shipping was 7.99 GBP (approximately 12.08 USD). So in total, this petticoat was 18.98 GBP or 28.69 USD. It is an A-line petti and comes in white, black, ivory, or red. Now I am from the US and I found this a great price for a petticoat! The item did ship from Great Britain through royal mail and arrived to me in about a week. I do not have a picture of the package, but it was very well packaged and no damage was done.

Here is my petticoat, unpackaged. It is a bit wrinkled, but I'm sure those wrinkles will fall out in no time. The waist is elastic and stretches from 23.5" or 43", so it can fit a wide range of people.

It has two layers of 100% Nylon Mesh with lots and lots of gathers and three tiers for lots of volume. The under layer is also very soft so it does not irritate your legs!
top layer

soft, bottom layer

Now let's see if this poof makes the test!
BEFORE


AFTER


Now look at that poof! This gave me just enough poof. I was completely surprised that only 2 layers gave this much volume.Now this is a bodyline JSK, so the fabric may not be as think as other brands, but I'd guess a similar result!

Lolisourgrapes also shows this petti in one of here videos, here

I would recommend Flora Wedding's, 50's Underskirt Rock N' Roll Petticoat, as a basic petticoat! For me, it made the test, in poof, length, price, and delivery!

Thanks for reading!
-Rin 

2 comments:

  1. I've been looking for a while for a place to get a petit. Haven't found one this cheap before and would never have thought to look to eBay, very helpful c:

    Cute to the Fashion

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://www.bridalpetticoat.com/ these site also provide awesome wedding petticoats and wedding slip.

    ReplyDelete